Tuesday 18 August 2009

"Love"


Anointed with a liquor
Not of this earth
I have grown much younger now
Pain doesn’t hurt
And all of those wishes
That you were scared might come true
I have revealed them all
And I will bring them to you

Spread your wings for me
Take flight and dance with me

For now I am become Love
Destroyer of Hearts
And I am the one you’ll love
‘Til death do us part
I live within you now
We’re breathing as one
We’ll burn with the radiance of
One thousand suns

And now as I feel your skin
Pressed against mine
I wash down the sin
With your beautiful wine
Now awaken your senses
I will conquer them slow
Your touch, your taste
Your scent, you have to promise them all

I have always been kind
But now I am cruel
Love is a union
but it’s also a duel
I will set you free
I will bind you in chains
I am your master
But I am also your slave


- lyrics to the song "Love", inspired in part by J. Robert Oppenheimer's supposed reinterpretation of the Bhagavad Gita upon watching the first atomic bomb detonate on Hiroshima.



©2009 Copyright Daniel J. Fiasco